Luggage

Hi - Am bound for the American Canyonlands Tour. Starting the tour before a business trip. Wondering whether Tauck allows us to bring 3 pieces of checkin luggage that can go under the bus. Extra bag - contains things we need for the business trip East later. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• Think you should call Tauck on this one, since they state only one piece of checked luggage per person.
  • Not sure what your business itinerary is, but if you're coming to Vegas for a convention, you could leave the extra bag with the bell desk at your hotel and pick it up at the end of the tour. Otherwise, the only suggestion I would have is to ship your extra bag back home. If you ship Fedex ground and put a vacation hold on your Fedex account, they will hold it for delivery after you return. Of course, this won't be cheap.
  • Hello nice people,

I'm looking for a new light luggage.
    After been searching all day I thing I would like to ask for a hand.
    Which one I can choose for me? I usually travel not over 5 nights 4 days
    Has somebody ever used one of those mentioned in this review -
    http://www.pirt.org/best-lightweight-luggage/ ?
    Any idea for a nice and durable one?

Thank you in advance for your help!
  • Its pricey but Rimowa makes great lightweight luggage that will keep you within the international regs for carry on luggage.
  • Emmagoaround -- there are lots of great choices out there, depending on what aspects/options are most important to you. As far as durability, Osprey is an excellent brand -- I've had great luck with (a slightly older version of) this bag: OZONE WHEELED GLOBAL CARRY-ON 38L/19.5"... it is less than 5 lbs and has incredibly sturdy wheels. It is mostly "soft" with a lightweight frame (essentially on the back and bottom) so it is usually not an issue when soft-sided luggage is preferred. I believe they make a version with stow-a-way backpack straps. They have a website, but REI also sells many of their bags.