Switzerland Crown Jewel Tour - September 2017

For those of you who have already taken this tour, where would you suggest we book our gift of time? Should we spend our extra day in Geneva or Lucerne? Many thanks!

Comments

• I haven't taken this particular trip, but I have traveled in Switzerland (and looked at your itinerary). I would recommend that you take your gift of time at the start for the following reasons:

1. Taking the day at the start allows time to get over jet lag before the tour. It is also insurance that if your plane is delayed a day (it happened to us on one trip), you won't have to chase down the tour in another city.

2. You're not staying in Geneva, you're staying in Montreux (the other end of a large lake). You don't get to see Geneva, except from the window of the airport shuttle. So if you want to see Geneva, you'll need that extra day there. You can easily take a train from Montreux to Geneva (about an hour each way). Lausanne (home to the Olympic museum and a pretty city) is in between (about 20 min. from Montreux) and worth a stop. Lausanne is quite hilly, so you need to be in good shape if you walk around that city.

3. It looks like you have plenty of time in Lucerne, unless you want to go to the top of Mount Pilatus. You'd need to schedule an extra day for that.

Enjoy your trip!
  • Thank you, Ken!!
  • Hey,

Sandy, we can't extend our days on this trip because of work, but we are looking into doing other adventures during our leisure time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file