Options

upcoming canyonland tour--9/29/16-10/7/16

Hi there fellow travelers
My wife, Lorry, and I, Bob are anxiously looking forward to this trip. This will be our first Tauck trip. We are retired Floridians, ages 72 and 73 respectively. We are very social and enjoy meeting new people. Our permanent home is in south Florida--Pembroke Pines/Hollywood. We are presently in our 2nd or retirement home in Ft. Mill, SC. We live in an over 55 ACTIVE community with over 100 clubs to join and enjoy. Would very much like to hear from anyone interested in meeting us and chatting.Looking forward to hearing from you.
bombom

Comments

• Options
    Hi again--Well we're only a week away from our anxiously awaited tour. Should be exciting and fun. If anyone has had a chance to read our first post we'd love to get a reply. We very much enjoy walking and mild hiking, playing cards and a great card game called spoons.We enjoy sharing jokes and stories and love FOOD. Hoping to get a reply before departure if not looking forward to meeting you on our first night.
    Bob & Lorry( Bombom)
  • Options
    Sorry you haven't gotten a reply. A relatively few number of travelers actually use the forum.

Not to worry about meeting people. From the first night at dinner and on you'll have plenty of opportunity to make friends.

Be sure to follow the packing guidance of layering. I live out west and we are starting to see some real swings in temps. Fall is beautiful here but the weather can catch people by surprise.
  • Options
    We took this trip several years ago & we are still talking about how great it was & how many really nice & fun people we met. Everyone is always a bit quiet at the Welcome Reception but about halfway thru the Welcome Dinner the conversation really starts to pick up & by the next morning everyone is chatting away. As for the Farewell Dinner-you feel like you've all known each other for years & nobody ever wants to leave

You've chosen a great trip for your first Tauck tour, the scenery is gorgeous, we took over 1,000 photos. This was our 3rd Tauck tour & we just booked our 10th tour for next summer. As you can see, we're hooked on Tauck. Have a great trip & enjoy yourselves!!
  • Options
    Both Lorry and I(Bob) aka bombom were thrilled to receive our 2 greatly appreciated replies. Thanks to both of you for your valuable information about layered packing (Claudia) and how wonderful the Tauck tour was and still is(need2travel1) We can hardly wait to meet you and the rest of the group. It should be AWESOME!! Again thanks
  • Options
    Uh Oh--We think we made a blunder. The 2 replies we received Friday afternoon are from a couple of fine people that have already been on this tour. Reading it again we believe you're both sharing information about this grear tour. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes we're excited and we know it'll be "fantabulous".
    Bob & Lorry (bombom)
  • Options
    bombom wrote:
    Hi there fellow travelers
    My wife, Lorry, and I, Bob are anxiously looking forward to this trip. This will be our first Tauck trip. We are retired Floridians, ages 72 and 73 respectively. We are very social and enjoy meeting new people. Our permanent home is in south Florida--Pembroke Pines/Hollywood. We are presently in our 2nd or retirement home in Ft. Mill, SC. We live in an over 55 ACTIVE community with over 100 clubs to join and enjoy. Would very much like to hear from anyone interested in meeting us and chatting.Looking forward to hearing from you.
    bombom

You will have a wonderful experience and this will not be your last Tauck tour!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file