Options

Welcome to Tauck’s Paradors of Northern Spain Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Paradors of Northern Spain Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    Will the Paradors tour be offered in 2012?
  • Options
    That's the plan!
  • Options
    I'm going on the Sept 1st trip. Any suggestions on appropriate attire for the hotel dinners?
  • Options
    I've heard so much of the the Paradors of Northern Spain and the Santiago de Compostella. The movie made by Emilio Estevez,"On the Way" showed all about the Pilgrimage to this places, that it inspires me to take this trip.
  • Options
    I also loved that movie and the scenery was beautiful. My inspiration for the trip was to follow my ancestors. My father's family was from Asturias, Cantabria and Barcelona so I want to retrace the steps of my ancestors and see all the places that they saw :)
  • Options
    I also loved that movie and the scenery was beautiful. My inspiration for the trip was to follow my ancestors. My father's family was from Asturias, Cantabria and Barcelona so I want to retrace the steps of my ancestors and see all the places that they saw :)

How was the trip? We are going September, 2013? But may change it to Oct, 2013 because the itinerary is different.
    Comments??
    I loved the movie also....that's why we are going...........also!
  • Options
    We just finished this trip 2 weeks ago and we're very pleased with it, our 11 th trip with Tauck. If your change of itinerary means you will not stay in San Sebastian, I would seriously consider rebooking as this was a highlight of the trip. The film festival is held during the last week in September, and Tauck avoids it by staying in Bilbao. We absolutely
    Loved San Sebastián and would have been very disappointed to have missed our time there . However, if San Sebastián is not high on your list of places to see, then this change might not matter.
  • Options
    jewelx3 wrote:
    How was the trip? We are going September, 2013? But may change it to Oct, 2013 because the itinerary is different.
    Comments??
    I loved the movie also....that's why we are going...........also!

I loved it! We had good weather except for a day or two. We had a wonderful group of people. There were 34 of us. The hotels were gorgeous, the food incredible and the guides exceptional. The bus was very comfortable, driver a real pro. Everywhere we went was interesting and our Tour Director, Steve Grosse was awesome. What can I say? I didn't want to go home lol.

Santiago de Compostela was a highlight for me. The cathedral is impressive. No words can do it justice.
    We stayed at the Parador just across the plaza from it which was also incredibly old and beautiful.

If you go in mid October, you stay at the Maria Cristina in San Sebastian. What a hotel!!! Just gorgeous!

Good luck. I am sure you will love it!
  • Options
    We took the October 19, 2012 trip, and the weather was surprisingly lovely. After some sprinkles in Barcelona, the umbrella stayed in my shoulder bag for the remainder of the trip. Our tour guide, Todd, mentioned that we were enjoying unusually good weather for this time of year. Most days were partly cloudy/partly sunny, temperatures in the mid to high 60s. While you expect to be wowed by Barcelona, San Sebastian, Bilbao and Lisbon, the surprises were the little, less well-known towns and villages. Montserrat, La Seu d'Urgell were very pleasant surprises, and our superb guide, Todd, made all of the connections for us, historical, cultural, linguistic and gastronomical.

It was an excellent experience and exceeded our expectations at every turn. Typical Tauck.
  • Options
    We are booked on September 13th, 2013 and understand there are some other California travelers. We'll be staying an extra night on the 12th in Barcelona and would love to talk with others. We're from So. Cal., east of L.A.
    Jerry & Darlene
This discussion has been closed.