Options

First Night in Prague

We always arrive exhausted in Europe and have trouble staying awake for long that first evening. Since we have a first night reception and dinner at 5:30 PM that first evening in Prague, I am wondering about how long the evening's festivities will last. Does anyone have an idea?

Comments

• Options
    We arrive in Prague on May 26.
  • Options
    cdunn1954 wrote:
    We always arrive exhausted in Europe and have trouble staying awake for long that first evening. Since we have a first night reception and dinner at 5:30 PM that first evening in Prague, I am wondering about how long the evening's festivities will last. Does anyone have an idea?

Why don't you arrive a few days early for some r and r or some gentle site seeing? That's what wo try to do for most of our tours.
  • Options
    I wish we could. Our jobs just won't allow us to be gone that long.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Understand, hubby not retired either. We try to get a date of departure that incorporates two weekends to save vacation days. Suggest you call Tauck for finish time
  • Options
    This sounds like your first Tauck experience. Having done several, the format we have encountered for the welcome dinner has always been to have pre-dinner drinks and nibbles while the Tour Director introduces them self along with any special notices. Then everyone in turn says a little about themselves, where they have come from and what they are looking forward to. That all takes probably 45-60 minutes then the meal. I guess that if you recon on 2 - 2.5 hours in all you will not be far wrong.
    Just remember that everyone else is in the same position if they have travelled from the US so don't be embarrassed to take your leave whenever you wish. The important thing is that you are firing on all cylinders again ready for the main experience starting the following day.
    Enjoy
    Richard
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    cdunn1954 wrote:

It is always too late when you fly in that day. Probably by 8:30 or 9. You can leave right after you eat and hope you get 1st serve.

Sorry, I did Prague at the end of the trip and do not remember us going to the Castle in the next post. Does sound like fun, but hard to do after long flight if not able to rest a little. Hopefully you are the type that can sleep on plane.
  • Options
    cdunn1954 wrote:

I did this tour in August 2015. The welcome dinner is at the Lobkowicz Palace which is on Castle Hill. We had to take small vans to get there and therefore, had to wait to take them back down to the hotel. I do not remember how late it was but since you are not at the hotel, it is later than an normal welcome. If you are lucky enough to check into your room early, then I would suggest that you try to get some rest because this evening was an unbelievable one. There is a museum in the palace that you can wander through also after dinner. Even if you are exhausted, I do not recommend skipping this night.

If you call Tauck directly, someone can give you a more exact time.
  • Options
    Hi - I'd strongly recommend you arrive a day early - we always do that do acclimate, and also to avoid any issues if your flight is delayed from the US.

We did this trip a few years ago but in reverse so our first night was dinner out in Budapest.
  • Options
    Thank you for the info. We will tough it out no matter what. We'll pack some Red Bull!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file