Options

Classic Italy - September 18, 2015 - early arrival

Hi - My name is Jacqueline and I am traveling solo from NY to Italy (Rome connecting to Naples), arriving early on the 18th. This is my first trip to Italy and I am so excited. Hoping to take a boat ride the afternoon before cocktails and dinner Friday evening. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    You can do the fast boat to Capri and if early enough take boat to blue grotto (there is ticket office across from ferry that will take you on tour around whole island and into grotto, weather permitting) or go for lunch and walk around. Just make sure you book the fast ferry both ways. The dock is out the back entrance of hotel there is elevator down to the dock. Easy enough to do solo. Get tickets for vernacular up across from the line. I made the mistake of thinking I was in line for tickets.

I did this solo several years ago and had a great time.

Day of Coliseum if you want to do the Roman Forum ask the TD it is group ticket and a bunch of us used it to go in for free.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the advice, crackers54!
  • Options
    Just be open to meet people the 1st night, especially other single travelers. Last few tours I have always found someone to hang out with and on my recent Scotland tour I was traveling with someone, but there was one solo on the tour. I went to her the 1st night and let her know if she wanted to hang out with us she could. We all stayed 2 extra nights at the end and were travel buddies by then, so she had someone to do some of the stuff we both planned and had dinner with her both nights.

I am going to Italy next year and someone I met a few years ago is meeting me in Venice at the end of the tour and we are spending 2 weeks going thru Umbria by train to explore what we liked on the Classic Italy tour. You must be excited. Your tour starts in a few days. Enjoy!!!!!
  • Options
    Jacqueline, my wife Joni and I (Myron) are arriving early on the 18th. We would be interested in the Capri tour also. Maybe we can meet up at the hotel on Friday. I will probably be wearing my WHITE Ben Hogan style golf cap.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file