Classic Itay,Oct. 10th, 2011

Hi,
Anyone going on the Classic Italy Tour on Oct 10th,2011?
We are flying out of Newark,NJ Saturday Oct 8th,2011.
We are flying into Naples the day before then getting a transfer via Tauck to our Hotel in Sorrento on Oct 9th.

We are planning to go to Capri the next morning and stay the day and arrive for our dinner, that evening, with the tour.
Any suggestions on restaurants in Sorrento and Capri for lunch and dinner?Something with beautiful views and great food.No tourist traps- but something special and nice.

Should we ask the hotel for info on transfering to Capri via boats of their choice? Making reservation in advance?
Any suggestions on sightseeing in Capri?
Shopping etc.Just asking those whom went or those are are going to be on our trip.
Doing some research as I email.
Thanks if you can help us.
We live in Connecticut.
Dolce vita-

Comments

• Hello - we are booked on Classic Italy Sept. 12, 2012; first trip for me, though my husband has been. Would love to email you about your experience and get some tips if possible as we are planning our pre and post stays - how long, where, etc.

We live in NJ and also would fly out of Newark.

Thanks for any information, or if you could provide your email so we can talk directly.
  • We are 3 couples going on the Classic Italy tour on Oct. 10. Two of the couples are going in on Oct. 9 and plan to see Capri on Oct. 10 since the tour starts on the 10th at 6 pm. Gives us the full day. We thought we would ask the hotel for suggestions on the 9th when we check in but we really have very little information to share with you.

If you have received any information we would like to hear what you came up with.

We are flying from Chicago and the other couple coming in on the 9th is flying from Indiana. I'm sure we will meet up somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.