Options

Wines served on board for French Waterways cruise

Since this is my first cruise with Tauck, I am hoping since we are in a France that they mainly serve French wine on board and hope that wines from Chateauneuf de Pape are included. We are going on the July 6th 2015 departure and we are truly looking forward to this cruise. Any previous cruisers at this time of year, did you see any sunflower fields in bloom as well as lavender? Thank you for any info.

Comments

• Options
    We did this cruise last July at the same time. Was the BEST vacation ever.

Yes, I believe all the wine was French including Moet & Chandon champagne pretty much whenever you wanted it. I didn't have a bad glass of wine the entire week on the ship. I asked the desk clerk to print me out a list which she was happy to do. Sorry, but I've mislaid it.

Can't remember if we drank Chateauneuf du Pape on the boat or not, but we did have a wine tasting there (Day 8) and the chance to purchase some.

There was also wine tasting at the Lyon food market and a chateau the 1st full day on the ship and at the cooking school the last day.

Between all the wonderful wine on the trip and top drawer liquor choices, we had to come home to give our liver's a rest.

Re flowers, I don't remember any sunflowers but there was lavendar. The morning of Day 8 on the drive to Roussillon there was a lavender field next to the road and the driver stopped for a short photo op.

A warning about the weather. The tour before us had such hot weather many didn't want to go on the daily tours. We had the opposite including some rainy days. Thankfully I had packed a thin, smushable rain jacket and and lightweight sweater. Layers layers.

Hope you have a great time. Happy to help if you have any other questions.
  • Options
    We used to vacation in France for years for two weeks in July, many different parts of France, I would be surprised if you do not see any sunflowers, one of my favorite memories is cycling on the country roads surrounded by them.
  • Options
    Thank you Claudia Sails and British for your responses to my inquiries regarding the wine on board the Swiss Emerald and the possibilities of seeing lavender and sunflower fields. We are really looking forward to our trip and now more so with your positive information on these topics. Greenie