September 6, 2015 Scandinavia Tour

Since this is the last Scandinavia Tour of the year, does anyone have any suggestions for this tour? Weather, clothing, things to see or avoid? Thank you!!

Comments

• Avoid lunch in Oslo, Was not good and took too much of the limited time in Oslo. I am sure if you ask they can leave your keys at the desk to pick up later. Just make sure do have too much to carry. Instead I would tour City Hall. I had to miss that because of the limited time. We ran to the resistance museum which was very good then looked at the wood panels outside of city hall. We then walked over to the opera house to walk on roof and inside was open to use bathrooms. Then we went over to the waterfront and ate supper. Was there on longest day of year so was still light and we stopped on steps of palace before we went back to hotel.

If time there is, also, seeing the scream which I think is near hotel.

That is the only part of trip I had issue with.

This was a great trip enjoy.
  • We just returned from the trip on July 11. Tauck has listened to the comments about the lunch in Norway. Even though it is still listed in the pre-trip itinerary we are sent, the itinerary distributed upon arrival shows lunch on your own. Our TD instead gave each of us 300 Kroners ($40-45) for us to spend on lunch or whatever else we might want to do. This was enough for lunch (we eat light) and admission to several museums. My wife and I had time to see the "Scream" at the National Gallery (short walk from the hotel) and then took the water taxi/ferry (also a short walk and make sure and get the senior rate) to see the Kon Tiki and Flam Museums, with still plenty of time for a leisurely dinner and stroll down KJG, the main drag. Oslo was our favorite of the capital cities and it would have been nice to have an extra night there. However, eliminating the lunch made a big difference in our ability to see the city.
  • Next years tour has completely been change. Starts in Denmark. Ends in Oslo, so if you want extra time to tour can stay on. I am always glad when I see a change do to comemts I made.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file