early arrival in Lisbon

We are arriving two days early for our Portugal/Spain tour in May. Does anyone have suggestions as to what would be most interesting to see or do with that extra time that is not included in the tour?
Thank you!

Comments

• Several years ago, Spain & Portugal was our first Tauck tour. In Marbella, while others I travelled with sunned on the beach, another Tauck guest and I played a round of golf at the Santa Maria Golf Club. If either of you are golfers, I would highly recommend this. Our TD and the hotel concierge were able to arrange our transportation and all other details. After the morning round, there was still time for me to get some beach time.

Jerry
  • edited April 2015
    My husband and I are arriving early in Lisbon for the Portugal/Spain tour so I printed out "36 Hours in Lisbon" from the NY Times online.
    It gave us some good ideas for sights and restaurants.
    Liz
  • We are going on the Spain/Portugal trip beginning May 20th... would like to meet others' who are on this same trip, if possible. We will be arriving a day early.
    Dee
  • We are taking this trip in October, and we're arriving in Lisbon a day early. What do you suggest for places to visit in Lisbon before the tour starts? We don't want to repeat what we'll be seeing on the tour and we don't want to miss anything important. We were thinking of going to the Gulbenkian Museum and St. George Castle. Are either of these visited with the group?
  • GAPeach wrote:
    We are arriving two days early for our Portugal/Spain tour in May. Does anyone have suggestions as to what would be most interesting to see or do with that extra time that is not included in the tour?
    Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file