Options

laundry services?

Has anyone used the laundry services along the way? What about the prices and quality?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Nancy. We are taking this trip Sept. 19th. Will be interested in the responses. Since luggage is limited, we will need to send out.
  • Options
    We got an answer from Caesar Park Hotel in Buenos Aires, the 3 night stay: to launder each tee shirt 99 pesos, jeans 156 pesos, roughly $9 USD for each tee shirt & $18 USD for jeans. We're thinking perhaps bring old clothes & discard along the way?
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. That is pricey. Not sure we have much choice. Challenge is packing initially under 44 pounds. If we discard as we go, we will need to purchase other clothing. We will probably have a couple items laundered half way through the trip. When is your tour?
  • Options
    We took this trip in 2008. You will have a great time. It is one of our favorite trips.

We stayed at the Caesar Park Hotel, in Buenos Aires. Some in our group used a cleaners that is one block (to the west?) of the hotel. They seemed to be satisfied with the cleaning. I think you have three days there, so you should have plenty of time to get the job done. Your Tauck Director will know where it is. Hope you have Rick. He is very good.
  • Options
    We're on the Oct 10th. Would love to hear of your experiences when you gat back! Safe trip!
  • Options
    Like I keep saying on this site, we always manage to pack tons of clothes and keep our suitcase weight to no more than 40lbs. Start with a very light suitcase and find lightweight everything. I have caused great hilarity on this forum when I have mentioned that on occasion I have been known to take some ratty underwear at the beginning of the trip and that I can then discard, hoping that is the day I don't have an accident and the nurses in the ER rip my clothes off in disgust. I also mention that my husband does not wear bulky boxer shorts that take up room and weight, but then most people say that is TMI. On our trip to India the women wore black everything day after day, so who knows if they ever did change or get their clothing laundered. Me, I always wear bright colors, just like the queen, I am only seen in black at funerals.
  • Options
    Hi All,
    I have spoken with someone who has given me prices of the hotels' laundry services. Here's some examples:
    Caesar Park Buenos Aires: Shirts: $71.50, Skirts: $106.50, Trousers: $97.50, Shorts: $75
    Sheraton Iguassu: Shirts: $22, Pants: $25, Skirts: $27, Shorts: $20, Coats: $30
    Ritz in Santiago: Shirts: 5.39, Pants: 3.85, Shorts: 3.85, Dress: 6.05
    Caesar Park Rio: Shirts: 31.20, Pants: 33.60, Skirts: 33.60, Shorts: 21.60, Coats: 52.80

I hope this helps!

-Kristen
  • Options
    Thanks Kristin. Are these US dollars? With the exception of the Ritz, everything else seems crazy expensive.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file