American Safari - Yellowstone and the Tetons

We just returned from the Yellowstone "Safari" tour. Over half our group (the ones who told us their views) have a pretty bad view of Tauck and our Tour Director on this trip. We are all independently writing specifics to Tauck. We only considered Tauck for this trip, but we will look at other tour options in the future. This is our 3rd Tauck Tour. In the past we gave outstanding reviews and we thought we knew "the Tauck standard," but we realized there can be significant differences in quality from one Tauck tour to another.

One of the biggest misses is that the Tauck advertised, Ken Burns documentaries were not shown
on this tour. We had these videos on the tour in Georgia and SC and this is incredible education. Not sure why the Tour Director did not read pg 16 in the guide where this was promoted by Tauck.

Rather than write all the specific problems on this post, Tauck will be receiving a lot of detailed feedback from over half of the group.

What I would like to point out are a few things we really liked appear to be scheduled to change in 2015. We encourage Tauck not to change the following:

The bicycle tour on the 2nd day was perfect. It followed the river rafting and it was both scenic and a good amount of exercise. We suggest to not move this back in the schedule to the last day. This is a great trip full of exercise and if it is moved back on the schedule there will be too many days of sitting on the bus.

We loved the full free day the last day. There are so many activities available near the Jackson Lake Lodge and it would be sad to use this day for the bike tour. We did a 10 mile walk, but others did a whole bunch of great things. This is by far the nicest hotel venue and just time to sit in the beautiful lobby and look through the amazing windows at the Tetons is a highlight. Please let the 2015 guests have this free day at the end and don't schedule anything for them (especially the bike tour)

If we coUld add one thing it would be 1-2 more 1-3 mile hikes as breaks from the long bus rides.
And please show the Ken Burns videos as you market them in your advertising.

We met great people on tHis tour and the scenery was amazing

Comments

• We are going on this trip next week. After reading your review of the trip, I am very concerned about our travel guide on the trip. I had read that Jim was the guide on many previous trips, and that he was excellent. I certainly hope that Tauck has read your review and made some changes. Was your guide informative? This is our 4th Tauck trip and hope that this one is not disappointing. Bonnie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file