week in Ireland

[week of 10 August 2014.

Anyone out there going to Ireland during this time? Hope to hear from you.
Has anyone been to Ireland and/or have any suggestions?
Thank you

Comments

• Good morning
    We will be there with you and are looking forward to it.
    We have not been to Ireland before so we are also open to suggestions although we are busy on the net looking for things to do.
    Thoughts?
    Mike and Julie

• I do not know if you folks will be in the same area of the country or not, but I just returned from the "Best of Ireland" tour. One of our stops was at Ashford Castle, where they have a "School of Falconry." Several of us tried it; it was a fun experience. Ireland is a beautiful county, so I am sure that you will have a great time no matter what you do there. :-)
  • Week in Ireland is a great trip. I took it a few years back. Dromoland castle is beautiful. Do take the carriage ride around the grounds.If you have any questions I would be happy to answer.
  • Just returned from this trip. If you are in early, I would suggest heading to Bunratty Castle. It is not on the tour. We had a very nice time and the woolen mills next to it now has a chunk of my money.
  • oakhill wrote:
    [week of 10 August 2014.

Anyone out there going to Ireland during this time? Hope to hear from you.
    Has anyone been to Ireland and/or have any suggestions?
    Thank you
    Going on the 10th. Ireland is new to me but all packed and can't wait. Joan and tom
  • nos1mdp wrote:
    Good morning
    We will be there with you and are looking forward to it.
    We have not been to Ireland before so we are also open to suggestions although we are busy on the net looking for things to do.
    Thoughts?
    Mike and Julie

We will be there too. A million suggestions from past visitors. Look for us..Tom has been before but it is my first time. Raincoat packed and ready. Joan and Tom
  • Hello all, I'm interested in this tour sometime in the future. I have not been a Tauck tour or cruise yet. Does Tauck supply alcohol with the meals that they provide?
  • Tauck often includes alcohol with meals, especially at the celebratory first and last dinners. Your guide will let you know ahead of time whether drinks are included or if you need to pay for your alcoholic beverages.

I suspect that the visit to the Jameson's Distillery will include a complementary taste of the creature, and that my husband will appreciate that. He and I are planning our Week in Ireland trip for 2015.
  • I leave tomorrow with 3 sisters and two friends for Ireland. Just wondering...for men, are dark jeans and a jacket appropriate almost everwhere or dress pants and dress shirts? In particular, for dinner.. I am not sure if sweaters are needed or polo shirts!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file