Options

Considering this trip for 2015

We are considering taking this tour in 2015. I hope those of you who have taken or will be taking the trip soon will give some feedback....what you liked/loved or didn't...tips...any thoughts about your experiences. We are also considering the Baltics to St Petersburg cruise/tour. I'm hoping feedback from other travelers will help us make the decision.

Comments

• Options
    I will be on the Blue Danube, August 28 tour/sailing. I've taken quite a few river cruises over the years, which I enjoy. Moving from city to city by boat beats travel by bus and/or plane, hands down. No daily checking in and out of hotels and dealing with interminable airport hassles. My first river cruise with Tauck was last year down the Rhone River. It was an excellent experience in every way and I have high expectations for this year's trip down the Danube. I would be happy to provide feedback upon my return.

Many years ago I sailed from Stockholm to St. Petersburg. The trip was on a different line that began in Kiel, Germany, and picked up passengers at different cities along the way. I don't recall the cruise line, but I couldn't recommend it. None-the-less, the destination made the trip. If you enjoy history, art and architecture, St. Petersburg is a must.
  • Options
    We have taken four Tauck River Boat tours. The Danube cruise is our favorite. I tell my friends that if you only take one river cruise in this part of Europe – take the Blue Danube cruise. You will love the scenery as you cruise, plus you get to visit Prague, Vienna and Budapest (not sure exactly what cities you will be visiting since we took this tour five years ago). Cruising into Budapest at night is a memorable experience.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file