Options

DON'T FORGET THE BIRDS

I wanted to remind everyone that there are many beautiful and colorful birds to view on this tour. It's great to be able to pepper your photo album with these birds along with the Big Five. Having said that, my favorite was the Secretary Bird, which of course is black and white and has a great way of killing snakes. I think maybe to be politically correct it should now be called the Personal Assistant Bird
When we did our tour there was two very sweet women, both teachers, who had saved for the trip for years. There was also a group of four adults traveling together, they complained all the time, I really don't know how the Tour Director kept so professional with them. Anyway, early on in the trip the two ladies found themselves in the same jeep as these people. Every time the jeep driver stopped at birds these people were very rude and said they had not come to look at birds, they did the same when they were with us one day. The two ladies were so upset and found then that most people did not want to be in their vehicle, so we said we liked birds, so they kept us together just the four of us. We were able to see lots of lovely birds and the same amount of wildlife as everyone else, because as you will see, if something comes up, the drivers radio each other and everyone tends to see those animals anyway.

Comments

• Options
    I agree with you whole-heartedly! I asked each jeep driver to point out special birds, and they were most accommodating in stopping the jeep to that I could get a clear photo. No one else in the jeep minded. In fact, they started to get excited when we were finding my favorite - the lilac-breasted roller!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file