Men's attire

My husband and I are taking the romantic Germany tour in September. Does he need a sport jacket for any dinners? Limiting to only one suitcase per person restricts what you can bring.

Comments

• Hi Lorili,

The weather in southern Germany is temperate and unpredictable. Your journey is designed with leisure in mind. Dress for comfort and convenience with a wardrobe that is adaptable and allows for layering. Generally, during the day, casual, comfortable, cotton clothing is recommended. Cool weather at higher elevations or at night will require warmer, layered clothing.

In Europe, especially in finer restaurants, it is generally customary to dress somewhat formally. Slacks or a dress for women and a jacket for men are acceptable dining attire although not required. It is advisable to avoid wearing jeans, sneakers or shorts to dinner. You may also wish to dress up a bit for the welcome reception and the farewell dinner, but by all means be comfortable.

I hope this helps!
    -Tim
  • We were on the June 12th Alps tour and our weather was somewhat warmer than expected. I never used the two sweaters I had and wore short sleeves more than anticipated. A rain jacket is a must for unpredictable weather. As far as the dress code. I did not feel that Europeans dressed that much nicer than US citizens...both countries appear to be moving toward increasingly casual, even in nicer restaurants. I definitely would not say that a jacket was required and am glad I did not waste the space packing one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file