Options

August 23 trip start

Is there anyone traveling on the August 23rd trip that is arriving early?

Comments

• Options
    Reference August 23,2014 safari, my wife and I will arrive on Aug 22, p.m.
  • Options
    Nice to meet you...are you planning on doing anything when you arrive or are you just going to relax before the tour?
  • Options
    My wife and I would like to find something to do on August 22nd, but Tauck has not provided any suggestions except to check at the hotel when we arrive! We would like to see if there are any tours near bye the hotel where we could see some animals?? Understand that tour director will NOT be available until the 23rd.
  • Options
    Go to the hotel website, there is a fact sheet which mentions things that can be organized from the hotel. I have been there before, it is very isolated and down a very rough road. You can do a guided tour around the lake and go further afield to a couple of other parks. We did not do anything before the tour began when we did it, because we arrived the night before and got to our room in the early hours before the tour made an early start the next day. When we do the Tanzania tour that also begins from the Duluti next week, we will be arriving two days early to ease out of the Jetlag a little, so if we do anything, probably the lake tour, I will post a review. We will probably not do anything else, we do not want to tire ourselves before the tour begins, the mornings begin very early for the game drives and the balloon ride makes a 4-30 am departure.
    You could call the concierge at the hotel too but my advice would not to commit to any tour before you see how you feel when you arrive and have tried to get a night's sleep. The tour guide will not be there because they will be returning from the previous tour. The guide often leaves a welcome letter for you with suggestions of things to do and other information. If there is no sign of a letter, be sure to mention you are on the Tauck Kenya and Tanzania tour and is there anything from the Tour Director to be sure. This is a fantastic experience!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file