Options

Panama Canal & Costa Rica booked for Jan 18, 2011

Just posting to see if anyone else has booked this tour. My mother, sister and I are booked on this tour. Thought maybe we can converse with a few fellow travelers before we set sail. :)
CR Teeto

Comments

• Options
    Hello from Sun City Hilton Head, SC

My husband and I are looking forward to the trip coming up very soon! This will be our third Tauck trip and we know it will be great! We are arriving on Monday, the 16th, so will have a couple of days in San Jose before the tour begins. We would be interested in a reply from you.

Betsy and Steve Horn
  • Options
    Hello from Sun City Hilton Head, SC

My husband and I are looking forward to the trip coming up very soon! This will be our third Tauck trip and we know it will be great! We are arriving on Monday, the 16th, so will have a couple of days in San Jose before the tour begins. We would be interested in a reply from you.

Betsy and Steve Horn
  • Options
    Hi Betsy and Steve!
    We are looking forward to the trip too! This will be our fourth Tauck Tour, we have had a wonderful time on every trip! We are arriving in San Jose on the 17th. Marilyn (my mother -from Florida) will arrive at noon and Darlene (sister) and I from Maine, will arrive around 9pm. My sister and I used to live in Charleston SC. We both went to college there! Very close to Hilton Head! Do you golf? My mother is an avid golfer, 4 times a week! We have heard a lot of great things about this tour! Can't wait to meet you!
    Roberta :)
  • Options
    Betsy and Steve,
    I wanted to ask if you had any money exchanged for the trip? or should we just bring American money? And if either of you are taking maleria pills? We chose not too, not sure if that is right or not???
    Roberta :)
  • Options
    You should not need malaria pills - shouldn't be going to any locations that are remote to worry about it. My doctor confirmed to me no meds were needed. Panama's currency is the $USD. And from what I've read and heard most hotels and places in Costa Rica accept $USD too. Not sure if the ship will accept any $US cash - guidebook says only Euros, but I plan to just charge anything I may buy on the ship. I'll be going on the trip in Feb.
  • Options
    scottol,

Thank you for the information on the maleria pills. I will post after our trip with any good tips for the trip!
  • Options
    Just back from the Feb 5 westbound tour - no need for any pills or bug spray. Sunblock - yes, but thats really it.
This discussion has been closed.