Rhine & Moselle water levels

Just wondering if anyone has current information on the river levels are for the May 30th 2014 cruise from Basel to Amsterdam.

Comments

• As far as I am aware, there are no issues (today, 18th May) with either the Rhine or the Mosel Rivers. The issues reported in the press today refer to the River Sara, flowing through Serbia and Bosnia … which is a very long way and on the other side of the continental divide to where you're going.

Naturally, God only really knows, so keep your eyes and ears open. Tauck will be in touch if there is anything that does affect your trip.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Thanks Jan. That's what I thought but we were caught in the flooding last year so I was a bit nervous.
  • With the current news coverage I can see why you would be! At least there's geography on the side of this itinerary. If the floods were to extend to the other side of the divide, there are lots of places within short driving distance. I also seem to recall intricate flood defences on the Rhine …. won't swear on a stack of bibles about that one, though. It is still quite a different river system to the Danube in that regard.

Here's to crossed fingers all round!

Cheers,

Jan
  • If you are looking for apartments in Belgrade for a short term stay then look no further, visit Apartmani u Beogradu

We offer quality short stay apartment accommodation to tourists, families and business people in Belgrade, Serbia. Since 2010 we hosted a vast number of foreign and domestic tourists and business people. Call +381 63 330 017 and we will provide you a Belgrade apartment of proven quality.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file