Options

Blue Danube Eastbound June 25

My husband and I (Phil and Myrna Ford) are taking this trip which is the last thing on my "bucket list". Well, maybe not the last thing. This will be our first Tauck trip and our first river cruise. We have done quite a few ocean cruises and several land trips. I am looking forward to the smaller group. We live on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state and will be flying out of Seattle on June 25th. Anyone out there going on this trip with us?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Phil and Myrna! My husband (Ed Collins) and I (Kathleen) will be on that trip I believe, leaving RDU 25 June traveling to Heathrow and on to Prague 26th June. This is our first river cruise and first experience with Tauck and we are very excited. We are both fairly recently retired from Pharma. We live in Cedar Grove NC on a small lake, and both of us have lived in NC for about 30 years. (Ed is from west Texas and I grew up in Oklahoma.). Of course lots of details in the middle but we will look forward to meeting you! We are in the process of deciding what to pack, how to prepare and what to study, etc. The weather will be mid 70s during day and cool in the evening, at least historically, so deciding what to bring, at least for me is a challenge. Seems like men are content with khakis, pools and a light jacket, but that's not my style. ☺️
  • Options
    Yellowdogs wrote:
    Seems like men are content with khakis, pools and a light jacket, but that's not my style. ☺️

I just have to ask … What are pools and where do men wear them? Head? Feet? Torso? Is it a brand name?

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Ah - presbyopia and an iPad. That would be "men are content with khakis, POLOS and a light jacket". Sigh. (polos as in "polo" shirts).
  • Options
    Yellowdogs wrote:
    Ah - presbyopia and an iPad. That would be "men are content with khakis, POLOS and a light jacket". Sigh. (polos as in "polo" shirts).
    Oh, that's funny! I didn't think of that! :)))))))
  • Options
    Hi Kathleen and Ed,
    Glad to make your acquaintance. We are really looking forward to this trip. As for what to pack, from the itinerary information it appears that the men will need to have a jacket and tie for at least one of the evening excursions. I am planning on at least two dressy dresses and the rest casual. I think from the info I have seen that warm days and cool nights are to be expected. Phil is very cold blooded so he needs warmer clothing than I do. A little personal info, we both grew up in Southern California. Retired from San Diego and then traveled in our RV for two years before spending 11 years in north-central Texas. When the heat finally got to me we moved to Sequim, WA which is on the North Olympic Peninsula near Port Angeles, about 75 miles west of Seattle. Looking forward to meeting you.
    Myrna

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file