Options

Le Soleal

What is the dress for dinner on board Le Soleal?

Comments

• Options
    Are you sure it's Le Soleal? Le Soleal is one of the small ships Tauck uses. I believe that the Budapest to Amsterdam tour is on one of the riverboats (ms Treasures, ms Esprit or ms Swiss Jewel).

Either way, I think the dress is very similar. We were on Le Soleal (small ship) this year on the Treasures of Southeast Asia and the ms Swiss Emerald (riverboat) on Waterways and Vineyards two years ago. Dress was casual . . . but no shorts or bathing suits at dinner. Some men wore jackets (I did) for the welcome and farewell dinners. Those who did not were not inappropriately dressed. Many women wore the "standard" black slacks and a dressy blouse for these occasions.

• Options
    Hi traveler P,

Rabo is correct, on this particular trip, you'll be on one of the Jewel-class ships, such as the ms Swiss Emerald/Jewel/Sapphire or the ms Treasures. On the riverboats, the dress is more or less as rabo said; the welcome and farewell dinners are generally more formal but jackets are not required for them.
    On our small ships, attire tends to vary more based on where you're going. Le Soleal is used on our Antarctica trip, and dress for that trip is casual -- however, we do suggest you dress warmly, in slacks, sweaters, turtlenecks, etc., all of which are appropriate for men and women both.
    On St. Petersburg & The Baltic Sea, attire is resort casual, but you are also going to Europe which tends to be a more formal culture than the United States, so you might want to bring along a jacket and tie.

More information on what's expected can be found on the "Packing Tips" tab of the itinerary page for any trip you're taking.

I hope this helps!

-Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file