September 4, 2015 Tour

We are taking the Essence of Japan Tour on September 4, 2015. Does anyone can suggest if we should arrive the day before the tour starts or on the day the tour starts? Also, does anyone knows the weather in Japan on September? Does anyone have any suggestion where to eat on those days where food was not included?

Thank you.

Comments

• Suggest you arrive at least two days before the tour starts, if you have never experienced jet lag, you are in for a treat, especially to Japan. You can find all about temperatures and pretty much everything else in the 'Before you Go ' section of the website. September is also one of the more rainy times of the year, though not the worst, 7 or 8 inches, so take an umbrella too.
    Don't worry about suggestions for eating on your own, the tour directors always provide a list of suggestions and in addition there are plenty of fast food places, Japanese and American like Kentucky Fried chicken and McDonalds--- I've never tried the chicken and in Japan it's fun to try their own fast foods.
    Tauck always anticipates pretty much all your needs, that's why we choose them for any tour.
  • Thank you very much for your response. We decided to book one night before the tour at Osaka. Looking forward to our trip. Thanks again.
  • We just returned from an amazing trip to Japan with Tauck. The weather was perfect every day except for one and we were traveling by bus most of that day so it wasn't an issue.Japan is one of the most service oriented countries we have ever been in and the people are nice, gracious and everything is so clean!! You are in for a fantastic trip.

We had booked our own airfare on United and I would NEVER recommend them. We planned to go a day early but ended up losing that day because of poor management on the airlines part so we arrived at 4 PM the day the tour was to start and had 2 hours before the cocktail hour. We are frequent travelers so rarely have jet lag but by 9 pm we were very ready for a rest. If I do this again, I will stop mid way overnight before flying to Osaka. coming back we also had issues with United and left 4 hours later than scheduled because they didn't have a crew....we didn't know if we would even be going so we sat for 7 hours at the airport before getting on the plane. Coming home wasn't so bad because we weren't losing any time but be prepared if you are flying this airline.

Most meals are provided on this trip and we ate more than we normally do. Restaurants are everywhere and the prices are fairly high in Japan. We found that some of the hotels had pretty good prices on their menus but your trip leader can give you recommendations as can the concierge at each place you stay.

Have a terrific trip...you will enjoy the Tauck experience.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file