Options

Alcoholic beverages in SA an elegant adventure

We are booked on the May 9th trip. Are alcoholic beverages included in the lodges (wine with dinner, drink before or after dinner)? How dinners at hotels (the ones included in the trip)?

We are getting so excited about this trip. Anyone on this forum going May 9th? Also, have you brought and use a tripod for pictures? My husband wants to bring one. I think it will encumber him. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Did this tour couple of years ago. Wine included at welcome and farewell dinner and a wine tasting and dinner. Otherwise you are on your own. We arrived a couple of days early and had a tasting dinner at the Cape Grace, my husband the regular one and me the Vegan one which was wonderful. - I'm not a vegatarian. We paired it with the wine parings, wonderful.
    Tripod-- your game viewing will be from a safari vehicle, on bumpy roads, I don't think you will want or need a tripod for that, mostly you need to be able to take a very quick photo before the subject moves or dissappears and then focus in for a better shot if the animal remains in shot for a 'better' shot. Other parts of the trip, walking and so on, it's up to you. I would not bother taking a big tripod.
    In my own opinion, I think many people take too much time taking photos and miss other things while they are busy taking the perfect shot.
    2 ideas to do before the tour begins. Kirstenbosch Gardens and the hospital museum where Christian Barnard did the first heart transplant.. The museum staff will collect you from the hotel. For the gardens the hotel BMW limo will take you gratis.