Grand Alaska Tour - June 14th

We are starting our trip on June 13th arriving in Anchorage. Is anyone planning to go on this date? We have been to Alaska before, but did not have time to explore Anchorage. First question where is a good place to eat Dinner on Friday night? and Lunch on Saturday before we hook up with the Tauck at 6:30 PM June 14th.

We have been on a Princess cruise before but did not take the land package. We are really looking forward to this. We are really looking forward to seeing "Denali" the great one. It will be our second time to travel with Tauck, we did the Western Canada trip in 2011. It would be great to make an introduction before the trip actually starts. Hope to hear from someone.

I am concern about what to wear - I get cold easy - and I don't plan on bring a Jacket for the formal nights on the ship.

2nd question - Does any of the events with Tauck require that I wear a suit?

EDCMOVERMAN

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Hi Gilbertgeorge. We just miss you I think. We arrive in Anchorage on Friday June 6th and leave on our land tour on June 8th after a fun evening meeting our Tauch group on Saturday June 7th at the Capt Cook Hotel. After a week of land tour we return to Whitter for our cruise on Princess Crown to VanCouver on June 14th. We arrive in VanCouver on Sat am June 21st. This is our first trip to Alaska and our first tour with Tauck. Very excited. Yes it looks like what clothing to take is a challenge. Have a great vacation.

• I am concern about what to wear - I get cold easy - and I don't plan on bring a Jacket for the formal nights on the ship.

2nd question - Does any of the events with Tauck require that I wear a suit?

EDCMOVERMAN

I have done numerous Tauck tours including this one a few years ago. Dress in layers because the temperature in Alaska varies. At the Welcome and farewll dinners with Tauck, some men wear a jacket but many don't. It is not required and usually people just wear a nice pair of pants (not jeans) and shirt. Sometimes the men might wear a tie. Since you do not plan to wear a jacket for the formal nights on the ship, you do not need one for the Tauck evenings.
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks for the clothes updated.

I have downloaded an apps - it is called Triposo - Alaska - from iTunes - to my phone and ipad - it is free -

It has some good information, but real live people is always the best.

So if you eat at any good resturants in Anchorage, please post.

And let me know if I need to bring bug spray?
  • Dress code in the Crow’s Nest is Business Casual

So, no shorts, no tatty jeans, no open toe shoes for men, no flip flops
    No hats on men

But it is not required to wear a jacket and tie
    Shirley = Exec Admin = Crow's Nest
  • Alaska's Largest Open-Air Market - Anchorage

Whether you're shopping for fresh produce, exotic goods from around the world, or Alaskan souvenirs, you'll find it at the Anchorage Market and Festival. The Anchorage Market & Festival is located in the heart of downtown, and is Alaska's leading outdoor market. It consists of over 300 vendors, on seven acres of downtown Anchorage.

The Anchorage Market & Festival is a great place to bring family, friends, and visiting tourists. It offers free and lively entertainment, great food, and a fun and safe atmosphere!
  • edited May 2014
    I ask Tauck a question about gratuity, here is their answer, " recommended gratuity for the Tauck Director is $8 per person per day this is for 14 days the entire length of the tour. For the driver we recommend $5 per person per day but he will only be with the group for 6 days. All the other gratuities are included i.e. local guides, all ship personnel, crew etc."
    [/size]
  • When Tauck register you with Princess - if they don't have your Captain Circle number, Princess assigned you a new one. I called Princess and they updated my records. This way my records are in one place.
  • Got an email from Princess - telling me to print my Luggage tags for the cruise part of our trip. I have my tags from Tauck for there part of the trip, was wondering about Princess - Happy Happy I got the email.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file