June 14 trip

Hi,
I'll be travelling with my 13 year old niece on this trip. We're arriving on the evening of the 13th. So have most of the 14th on our own. Would like to hear from others on this trip.
Any ideas for activities that would complement and not repeat what we are doing on the trip would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Comments

• edited March 2014
    If you are bike riders, you can rent a bicycle and ride on several trails in Anchorage. Google the Tony Knowles trail and you will find the information you need.
  • www.anchoragecoastaltrails.com
  • If you'd like to go dog sledding, your best bet would be the ‘Dogsled on the Glacier’ experience at the Hotel Alyeska. It is very expensive (around $500 per person and this includes the helicopter ride). You can do it on the morning of Day 7 before the train ride, or you could book an extra night at the hotel and stay later. Just bear in mind that this activity is not sponsored or encouraged by Tauck in any way, but it is something the hotel offers that you might be interested in.

You can see more on their website here.

-Tim
  • I have that scheduled for the extra day at the end of my trip, thanks!
  • We are looking forward to seeing Alaska for the first time with our 8yo daughter Isabelle. Can't wait to meet our fellow travelers for the week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file