Options

Monument valley alternatives

My wife and I are going on the trip at the end of May. If you opt out of the Monument Valley trip, what does your day consist of? Also, how big a plane are we talking to get from point A to point B, and how long is the flight?

Thanks in advance to all who have gone before me!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I have taken this tour. The extra plane flight to Monument V is not to be missed in my opinion. While I believe from what I can remember of the hotel there is not a lot to do, there is a walking trail and you can do a boat tour, but I would opt for that plane trip again and again. Not sure which A to B plane ride or type of plane you are talking about. If you need more specifics I suggest your quickest option is to call Tauck directly, they are always very helpful
  • Options
    I agree Monument Valley was worth every penny. The size of the plane from what I understood depended on the group size. They split us up into 2 planes.

If you don't do the Monument Valley trip you take a plane ride around the area to see a little of what we see on the trip to MV and you go to the cave thing. When back to hotel some people did tour of the dam. I believe they took a taxi to get there, but not sure.
  • Options
    I did not do the all day M.V. trip. Those not going on that were divided into two groups and took an early morning flight around M.V. and the general area. It was a beautiful flight. The planes are small and you sit right by the pilot. When we came back to the very small airport the pilot took pics with us and the bus was waiting to take us back to the hotel. We had breakfast and by that time it was very late morning. I relaxed and enjoyed the pool. We didn't go on the boat trip for the whole tour group took the boat trip later in the day before dinner. Now I believe, the group has dinner on the boat. Not sure this answers your question. This trip in general was wonderful!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file