Options

South Africa may 23 2014

We are also going on the May. 23 africa trip to Botswana Zambia and South Africa. Does anyone know how weather is that time of year?

Comments

• Options
    look at the Zambia visa question, I just posted where you will find the weather info there
  • Options
    Did you use American money for souvenirs etc to use the currency of African country you were in?
  • Options
    We did not take any foreign currency, just used credit cards, but you need to be careful that your card does not leave your sight especially in restaurants. We had no issues but were told this by the locals. There is not much opportunity to shop as is usual on most Tauck rours which is actually what I prefer. There is a good gift shop at Kirstenbosch Gardens, we visited those before the start of the tour. Plenty of shops around the Capetown hotel area and a shopping centre right where the hotel was in Johannesburg, but having said that South Africa is expensive.i have gotten very good at speed shopping because of this but also. My husband hates shopping and will tolerate very little time.