Options

Tanzania and Zanzibar October 11, 2014

Hello! My sister and I just booked this tour! I think the actual name is Serenghetti to Zanzibar. Is anyone out there on this tour? We are, of course, thinking about what to pack, and wondering if anyone has any advice! I am assuming that safari type clothes will be ok in restaurants and lodges.

Comments

• Options
    We will be doing this tour in July. We did the Kenya and Tanzania tour a few years ago. No need to dress up at all for dinner. Some people do not even change for dinner, which is perfect as far as I am concerned. Safari clothes are perfect too. Most meals are buffet style if I remember correctly, with plenty of choice. I suppose the Zanzibar part of the trip may be different, I am going to look up the hotel website for a clue about the restaurant. This is great vacation, it will be our third trip to Africa, we did South Africa last time.
  • Options
    We have just returned from this trip and I echoe what British has posted. As for ZANZIBAR, it is extremely hot and humid, thus beach wear is highly recomended. Most restaurants do not have a/c. The hotel is very nice and the staff is wonderfoul. A must try restaurant is Archipielago(no alcohol served) LOU LOU it has a/c and a wide selection of wines, and Livingstons right on the beach and a couple of choices of red/white wines. All three within walking distance from the Hotel. If you like massages, you must try Cinamon Spa, wonderful. As for first class Tanzanite shopping, give Elias a try. On top of the post office, there is a brand new Tapas Bar, very authentic.
  • Options
    BTW, we had Nancy as tour director, she was awsome as well as our local drivers/guides. In our tour Nancy was accompanied by two other Tauck directors, Erick and Zack, both of them are amazing persons and they were there to familiarize themselves with this tour as the will be doing this tour in the future.
  • Options
    I just signed up for the Tanzania: Serengeti to Zanzibar tour for October 11th too! Looking forward to meeting you, Nancy and Susan.