Jewish Heritage Tour of Eastern Europe

I am going on this tour in August. Will be arriving three
days early to see Warsaw before the tour. Does anyone
have any suggestions as to places to see. Museum of the
History of Polish Jews is my main focal point now

Howard Winer

Comments

• Options
    We arrived in Warsaw two days before the Warsaw to Prague tour began and did several things the regular tour doesn't do. Among the best tours we took was one of the Royal Wilanow Palace and Park. Although we were there in April and had to take a cab, I think buses go there in the summer. Your concierge can arrange for an English speaking tour. Old Town, which is close to the hotel, is wonderful. Although Tauck gives you a brief visit there, you should also explore it more thoroughly on your own. The Royal Palace is there. Although not beautiful on the outside, it's lovely on the inside. We did not go to Zelazowa Wola, Chopin's birthplace, but if we'd had more time, we would have. Holy Cross Church, within easy walking distance of the Bristol Hotel, houses Chopin's heart. A restaurant we enjoyed was Fukier in the Old Town Market Square. We also enjoyed a light meal in the Cafe Bristol. Although our tour was not the Jewish Heritage tour, it was a wonderful, wonderful tour and one of the top two Tauck tours we've taken. We visited several different places in the four major countries the tour encompasses that emphasized Jewish sites.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file