Non-drinkers acceptance

Hi,
Been reviewing the on-line videos on Tauck tours and noticed that wine and champagne is offered at different venues, dinners, excursions. I wondered for those non-alcoholic drinkers, are non alcoholic drinks offered when going to a wine tasting, concert where wine and other alcoholic beverages are highlighted?
Any ideas on what non alcoholic beverages that might be offered?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Jeff, been on many Tauck tours, I think there is plenty of choice from non alcoholic fruit juices to good old water. This is the kind of question you should call Tauck about to be sure you are catered for
  • My husband and I dont drink and we have been on two Tauck tours so far. Danube River cruise this past May and China in November. There was always water, juice or soft drinks. On the Danube there was a wine tasting in a small town, we just walked around the town longer and skipped it. It was never an issue!
  • We did go to the wine tasting on our Danube trip and they offered water, local soda as well as coffee and tea. I would suspect most venues are set up to offer a spectrum of drinks. No worries.
  • Just let your Tour Director know your preferences. All of our TDs have always tried to accommodate their guests.
  • edited January 2014
    I've been on trips with other who didn't drink alcohol either as a personal preference or for other reasons. There have always been other options, usually water, soda or juice. It's never been a problem, and I've never seen attention called to anybody who didn't partake.
  • I have done five tours, Jeff, and that is absolutely not a problem. In fact, if you let your Tour Director know when you arrive (like ant dietary requirements) you will probably find that at any "alcohol" venues have been pre-advised so that alternatives are ready and waiting for you..............that is just the Tauck way!
    Richard
  • I have been on many Tauck tours, including a couple where I was the only guest who did not drink alcohol, and have faced wine tasting, beer tasting, house specialties, whisky in oatmeal, and numerous other situations where sobriety required non-participation. I don't recall ever feeling left out of the program in any other way. I felt no pressure to drink alcohol, and as others have noted, alternatives were always available. What impressed me most that other Tauck guests seemed totally at ease with my choices.
  • Hi Nick...We agree with every point you made. I would only add that our fellow Tauck travelers never even noticed we did not drink. That was a welcome surprise. We went on a river cruise (not Tauck) in Russia where drinking was a featured activity. Needless to say, we won't be touring with that company again....Leo M