Options

Grand Australia and New Zealand Dec 16th

We're leaving in 3 days on this tour -- am a little unsure how to dress for dinners in Sydney and other cities. Are the dinners held in the hotel (seems a dressier venue) or other restaurants? BCMc

Comments

• Options
    Went on this trip last year in November. I envy your upcoming trip I had a great time.

You pretty much dress like you do here, casual. The last night in Sydney and the last night in Auckland are the dressiest restaurants you will go to. They are both in the revolving restaurants. You, also, should see about getting tickets to the Opera House, day of your tour they will offer half price tickets. The concert I saw there was one of the many highlights.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    We agree with Crackers54. Coat and collared shirt, or similar would be fine for the Welcome and Farewell dinners. Everything else is smart casual or casual. If you have stinger suits, bring them along for the Great Barrier Reef, otherwise, they have them on board the boat to rent. If necessary, the Tour Directors will also have head screens for the Outback if needed.
  • Options
    We agree with Crackers54. Coat and collared shirt, or similar would be fine for the Welcome and Farewell dinners. Everything else is smart casual or casual. If you have stinger suits, bring them along for the Great Barrier Reef, otherwise, they have them on board the boat to rent. If necessary, the Tour Directors will also have head screens for the Outback if needed.

Stinger suits are provided don't have to pay extra.
  • Options
    Thanks for both replies.....makes packing a little easier. Also, thanks for the comment about the Sydney Opera House. We will try to do this at one of our free times. On this tour, Christmas day is a "free-time day", so don't know what might be open (will check about the Opera House online), but we definitely want to go do/see something interesting. Any tips?
  • Options
    If that is the all day free that night has dinner include. Those of us that went to the concert that night had it the night before, but if you can do it. The sound is not to be missed.
This discussion has been closed.