Options

Tauck arranged air travel experieces

We are considering using Tauck to arrange air travel for an Italian tour in March 2014. Looking to see experiences of others who have used them.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    We had Tauck make our flight arrangements for our upcoming Treasures of Southeast Asia tour in January. The main factor in having them do the travel was an emailed offer of companion air. I had researched which were the best flights (duration time & connection time), and Tauck (without my input) actually chose the best one that I had discovered. This was the first time I've had Tauck make the arrangements. I'll post comments after our trip.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply. Quick follow-up question on the emailed offer of companion air, which I'd love to get too! Was it sent to you as part of their general Tauck emails or did you receive once you signed up for the tour??
  • Options
    I have not used Tauck for my airfare in a number of years, but companion airfare is not available on most tours. Sometimes there will be an offer for certain tours such as the Treasures of Southeast Asia Tour in January. I have booked through Tauck but sometimes after I do, I find the flights at a cheaper price on my own. I then cancel the one with Tauck. They understand this because they are making arrangements based on the price that it might be at the time of the tour. The advantage of booking with Tauck is that you do not have to pay for the airfare until you make the final payment for the tour.
  • Options
    I had requested information online about the Treasures of Southeast Asia tour and downloaded the online brochure. I would think that the email was targeted to individuals who had expressed interest in the tour as an enticement to book it. We had been thinking about this tour for January 2015, but the offer of the "Gift of Time" and the companion air made up our minds. The companion air offer was specifically for winter 2014 tour dates.
This discussion has been closed.