Options

emails and cell phones

Is there email and/or cell phone coverage on the Grand Alaska tour? Is there a charge for emails on the cruise portion of the tour? How about in the hotels used on land? I am bringing a laptop and wanted to know how much use I will get from it.

Did anyone have Verizon cell plans? Did you get coverage (partial or full) during this tour?

Comments

• Options
    Nial Davis wrote:
    Is there email and/or cell phone coverage on the Grand Alaska tour? Is there a charge for emails on the cruise portion of the tour? How about in the hotels used on land? I am bringing a laptop and wanted to know how much use I will get from it.

Did anyone have Verizon cell plans? Did you get coverage (partial or full) during this tour?

I assume this reply is way too late to help you, but perhaps will help others. I had excellent AT&T service during most of the land cruise, and anytime we were in port (Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan). We did not use on-board Internet because it is quite expensive and very, very slow. I did not take a computer because I didn't want the bulk/weight and was satisifed using my phone for all email (your mileage may vary, of course). One reason I would have liked to have my laptop is to download my digital photos each evening. I had a tablet for that, but it duplicated photos and I ran out of storage space. I ended up taking 3,200 photos.
This discussion has been closed.