March 16, 2014 trip?

Just booked our trip to Costa Rica for spring break. We have boys 10 and 13. Anyone else booked that wants to chat?

Comments

• Our family has also booked the March 16 , 2014Costa Rica Bridges trip.
    We have three boys 18, 16 and 14 plus one daughter 6.
    One set of grandparents are joining us too.
    Looks like a wonderful trip.
  • We booked our trip and have 2 boys (11 and 16). We are from the Boston area and are traveling to Costa Rica for the first time. Have you been before? Have you used Tauck before? Where are your from?
  • We are from Halifax, Nova Scotia in Canada. A few years ago, we took our 3 sons to Italy with Tauck Bridges and it was a wonderful trip.
  • Hi. We have never been to Costa Rica but are so excited for our eco-adventure. We currently live in Bloomington, Indiana but are originally from Maryland. Starting to think about some appropriate gear for the trip (mainly shoes).
  • My husband and I have been on two different Tauck trips to Costa Rica and it's one of our favorite countries. I tried to look at your itinerary in more detail but the website is not bringing that up this morning but the abbreviated one shows that you will be going to areas I know. My best advice for shoes is to wear closed toe sandals that can get wet, like Teva or Merrill's, I would take two pairs of those. You don't have to splurge on the expensive brands, any will do. I always like to take a spare in case one pair gets really wet and they need time to dry properly. This is probably the only shoes children will need. As an adult, I'd take one pair of other shoes for the evening if you want to be more dressed up for dinner. Having said that, I try to avoid the need to go crazy about having to even change for dinner if I can get away with it. It will be hot, take light clothing with long sleeves that will help prevent sunburn and insect bites. Make sure everyone is up to date with vaccinations and seek your doctors advice and the CDC about any need for Malaria prevention, the risk depends on which parts of the country you will be visiting. Dengue fever, also a different mosquito Bourne disease, is caused by daytime biting mosquitoes. Wear insect repellent on exposed areas but be careful not to lather it on too thickly, just on exposed skin because the stronger percentages of Deet can make you feel quite queezy if your body absorbs it from too many areas of the skin at once.
    Costa Rica is a country with a very exotic feel, I just love the place and would go again and again if there were not more places in the world I want to see. I saw the pineapple plantation, now in know the secrets of buying a good pineapple, I've rafted, zip-lined, seen the sloths, toucans and macaws, tarantula type spiders, hummingbirds galore and the rare bird high up in the trees who eats avocados but name escapes me. I've seen the monkeys open people's backpacks and steel things out of them, be careful that doesn't happen to you!. I've been on the lake, the butterfly preserves. One of my favorites was driving through he banana plantation and getting a speedboat down the river to the coast near where the turtle nests are found. I've stayed in the Cloud forest-- don't do any hand laundry there, it doesn't dry! I could go on. One of my favorite souvenirs is the wooden jewelry, very inexpensive, shopping not my top priority on Tauck trips, my husband allows me maybe 5 minutes. And anyway the scenery and experiences are the most important part of any foreign trip
  • Thanks for all of the information.
  • Anyone else get their duffel bags today? Getting excited!
  • Yes we received the duffel bags and the bak packs for the kids. Very excited!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file