Options

ON-TOUR FLIGHTS

Does anyone know what airline and type of plane is used for the 7 on-tour flights? Are they all charter planes? I'd appreciate any information on this. I'll be taking the trip in October. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Hello Adventurer2,

Qantas in Australia and Inflight Convair in New Zealand provide the chartered flights for this tour. The type of plane we will be using is Whisper Jet that can handle up to 44 passengers and all luggage up to 25,378 kgs.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    This response still doesn't answer the question of whether the 54" rule is strictly enforced on the charter flights, or whether it is overlooked as long as the weight is within the 50 pound limit and the luggage isn't massive (i.e. 62" total vs. the 54" guideline). We don't want to show up with small 54" luggage only to find others enjoying the 50% larger space in the 62" model. Help!!!!
  • Options
    Traveller150, I'm pretty sure you're anguishing over very little. May I suggest you read the Qantas page on baggage allowances.....

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/checked-baggage/global/en

I'm sure this will answer all your questions.

Rod
  • Options
    This response still doesn't answer the question of whether the 54" rule is strictly enforced on the charter flights, or whether it is overlooked as long as the weight is within the 50 pound limit and the luggage isn't massive (i.e. 62" total vs. the 54" guideline). We don't want to show up with small 54" luggage only to find others enjoying the 50% larger space in the 62" model. Help!!!!
    They did not weigh bags on charter flights or restrict size on carry-on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Just curious. On an average how many people are on the Australia leg of the trip. I'm sure I'm not the only one not doing NZ.
    Concerning the luggage issue. I am packing a 30" case which will be the 62" limit. When I went to HI I used a small backpack and a hand tote as my carry-ons. Both can fit under the seat or in overhead and weigh less than 10 lbs. That was my first time carrying a backpack, my adult sons and their significant others always carry them. It was really handy because it was my purse, my camera case, my emergency supply (umbrella, jacket, meds) case all in one.
This discussion has been closed.