Options

Dress Attire

We are going on the Oct. 9th tour. It is our 3rd Tauck tour but the first not in the summer. Tauck suggests a sport coat for my husband for the first and last night. My husband has never needed one before. Will he be okay in just a dress shirt or sweater?
We are also going a day early in Warsaw and would appreciate any suggestions for sights to see.

Comments

• Options
    We took this fantastic tour, still one of our top favorites of all the tours we've taken, several years ago, so the dress requirements may have changed a little, since dress requirements here at home seem to be a little less formal than earlier. We were on this trip in late April and early May, and my husband did take, and wear, a sport coat on at least two occasions. If there's still a castle dinner the last night, a sport coat is probably warranted. It was a lovely evening. As far as things to do in Warsaw since you're arriving early, we have two or three suggestions. We were there two days early. Our nicest experience was probably our visit to Wilanow Palace and Park. I think there are buses that can take you there in the summer. I don't know when those stop. We took a taxi with two other tour early arrivees, so that's an option. Make sure you specify you want an English speaking tour. The hotel concierge helped us arrange it. In Warsaw itself, tour the Royal Castle. It's much more impressive on the inside than it is on the outside. We also visited the church where Chopin's heart is buried. Your tour will visit Old Town, but you may want to go there on your own to explore it more leisurely. You'll see lots of amber in Warsaw, but if you're interested in purchasing any, you'll be better off financially and with an even wider selection waiting until you get to Crackow.
  • Options
    Most people dress up more for the welcome & farewell dinners. I just returned from this trip and most men wore jackets for the welcome dinner, but a few did not. For the farewell dinner at the castle, Tauck strongly suggested a jacket, and I think almost all the men wore one.
This discussion has been closed.