Options

Dec 14 tour

Hi Everyone,
Just want to say how much I have enjoyed and learned from reading all the different topics! We are so looking forward to this trip. Everything that I read is so positive and glowing...It makes me want to pack and leave tomorrow! The one question I have is about the toilet facilities on the tours away from the hotels...what are they?

Comments

• Options
    Hello bj,

While in transit there are curio shops which have very good bathroom facilities. While we normally would not make a habit of stopping at shopping venues, these sites normally have the best available restrooms in the area. During game drives that depart from the lodges however, we are normally are only out for a few hours and you can use the facilities at their lodges both prior to and after the game drives.

Hope this helps,
    emily
  • Options
    Thanks for the info on toilets.... Would also like to know if hair dryers are provided at all the overnight locations. we will also have shampoos, conditioners, body lotions, soaps provided at each overnight stops? As we want to pack as light as possible. This is our second tour with Tauck ( 1st being to China in 2011 ). That was such an amazing trip, that we have no desire to travel with anyone other than Tauck. It is going to be difficult to match or come close to our China experience...But if it can be done.... Tauck will deliver!!
  • Options
    Hello bj,

Yes, hairdryers, shampoos, conditioners, body lotions, and soaps are provided at each of the locations we will be staying at on this tour. I think you have an amazing time on this trip as well.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Hi Emily, We have our visa in hand for our tour (Dec 14) and was wondering if you need to have copies of these or are they just for entering Tanzania, and Kenya? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hello bj,

We do not need copies of your visas. You are correct, they are just for entering Kenya and Tanzania.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    BJ: we just got back from this trip last night. It was the most amazing trip we've ever taken. Whatever you are expecting from this trip, it will be ten times more! The hotels/lodges are the prettiest we've ever seen. The people of Tanzania and Kenya are the most friendly people in the world! As poor as they are, they always have smiles on their faces. You are going to love, love, love this trip!
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments and wonderful praise of this tour....But would you still go after what has happened in Nairobi, just yesterday? We do trust Tauck and really want to go! BUT..........?????
  • Options
    We returned about a week ago and it was an amazing trip. There are shootings in our community, state, country every day. This does not stop us from our daily lives. There is very little time spent in Nairobi out of the total length of the trip. My vote would be to go on the trip and have memories of a lifetime.
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments and level headed thinking...We will continue to look forward to a great tour and will trust Tauck to take care of us and do the great job of touring!
  • Options
    Hello BJ...I've been following this Forum thread and the answers you have received to your questions. Tauck Emily always has good advice and the personal feedback from Vicky and Nanaangie was excellent. I asked a number of questions similar to yours before we took this safari in 2012. I know the answers I received went a long way to putting our minds at ease.

With that thought in mind, I thought you might be interested in reading our blog from that safari. We have received feedback from a number of the 13,300 people who have read the blog to date. Many had the same type of concerns which you, my wife and I had. Nanaangie is correct. The trip is amazing.

Here is the link to the blog...

2012 Tanzania / Kenya Safari (January 2012)

http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/leomcyr/1/1326885220/pod.html

Please let us know if you have any questions...Leo M
This discussion has been closed.