dinner wear

going on this trip next Jan. - wondering if my normally VERY casual boyfriend needs a coat and tie for any of the dinners - thinking especially of those in the hotels, since previous trips have even almost required it for the men
are his CA casual clothes - nice bermudas and silk shirts or golf shirts ok? he can bring some dockers, but that's as dressy as this guy normally gets!

Comments

• Hello hepcat,

This is generally a casual trip, Docker pants and a nice shirt would be okay for dinner. Coat and tie are not necessary.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Having been on this trip, as Tauck Emily says - Docker pants and a nice shirt are sufficient. It is a wonderful trip - enjoy!
  • In Peru he might want to wear long pants (casual) but for the ship nice shorts and shirt will suffice. My husband even wore shorts to the closing dinner in Ecuador.
  • Going Westbound on Panama Canal Trip, January-2014. Wanted to know what the ladies wear at dinner. I am bringing my very active 83 year old mom and she is most concerned about appropriate dress at dinner.
  • edited October 2013
    Hello Tobias53,

Overall this is a casual tour. For dinner most evenings slacks, blouses, sweaters, capris, skirts, or daytime dress are all fine. She may want to bring one dressy outfit for the captain's dinner.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • The trip sounds great and we love the informality in dress too. Do men need closed shoes (not sneakers) for dinner, or can they wear sandals?
  • Hi Travelcat,

That is hard to say. If they are nice leather sandals they should be fine. I think the best bet would be to take some closed toe shoes as well and scope out to see what other people are wearing. If you are concerned with packing too many pairs of shoes, Sketchers, Ecco,and Clarks make wonderful walking shoes that are great that can be worn during site seeing and dinner.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Thanks, Emily. That's very clear.
    Travelcat
This discussion has been closed.