Options

Luggage tags

I realize this is a very minor issue but do we need additional luggage tags on our luggage or are the Tauck tags substantial enough to use throughout the trip?

Comments

• Options
    Have a standard luggage tag on the bag in addition to the Tauck tag. The Tauck tags occasionally get torn off along the way.
  • Options
    I never put the Tauck tag on till I arrive at the 1st destination just incase it rips off on the plane.
  • Options
    We don't put ours on until we pick up our luggage at our first airport destination, just in case.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Our Tauck luggage tags were cardboard, cheesey, and cheap-- thanks for reminding me, I forgot this in my Tauck evaluation

Their intention is for each of 4 hotels in our case to enter the room on the backside, I observed the bellman try and figure that out-- those guys could care less about that, as long as they could
    read the name, the bag gets delivered
  • Options
    I follow Tauck's recommendation and put them on before we depart home. I also use additional "hard plastic" tags. We have never had a problem with the tags falling off, and we have always noticed that room/cabin numbers were always on the back side. Our bags have always been promptly delivered to our room/cabin.
  • Options
    Good substantial hard tags are always a must. It's your choice to have them on for Melbourne arrival or not, but definitely thereafter. Don't worry if they get wet (as in a Queensland cyclone or good New Zealand rainfall) and fall off...your Tour Director will have an ample replacement supply. Have fun.
This discussion has been closed.