Classic Italy Restaurant Rcommendations

My wife and I are on the September 18, Classic Italy Tour. We are in the process of reading and researchng what to do during free time and locating good restaurants. We can find good restaurants through various sources but we have no idea how far these establishments are from our hotel. We are looking for suggestions in Sorrento, Rome, Florence and Venice. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Eutopia - You are going to love this trip! My husband and I went with Tauck in 2011 and are still talking about our adventure! My advice for dining - your Tour Director should give you a list of his/her personal recommendations for dining and shopping each day. We were never disappointed with any choice on our Director's list. They truly know the best places and update their lists if travelers report having a bad experience or find a great spot not already on their list. I searched Trip Advisor for recommendations before we left and found an AMAZING pizza restaurant called Gusta Pizza in Florence near the Pitti Palace that had the best pizza I've ever had in my life!! After you eat your pizza, take a taxi to the top of the hill to Piazzale Michelangelo for a magnificent view of the city. (Hint - escape the crowds and walk further up the road to the Basilica di San Miniato al Monte). Visit the beautiful basilica and cemetery and then sit on the wall overlooking Florence with the few people who know this secret and watch the sun set over Florence. Truly Spectacular! One suggestion for Venice is to head towards the Rialto Bridge and look for a nice place to eat as FAR away from the Piazza San Marco as possible! We knew better but chose a restaurant on the canal near the Doge's Palace because it was our last night in Italy and weren't on our guard and were hoodwinked with a dinner bill double the amount we expected! One last recommendation - at least 30 days before departing, purchase tickets for the Borghese Gallery for the last viewing time (your ticket is good for only a set 2 hour period so chose the last time slot) on the day you arrive in Rome. You won't be disappointed! Enjoy your trip! You are going to have the time of your lives!
  • Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate your suggestions - I do hope we have the time of our lives!!
This discussion has been closed.