Joburg to Cape Town

We are flying from Atlanta to Johannesburg with only two hours before our flight to Cape Town. Has anyone done this? We just found out we have to go through immigration and customs in Joburg and are concerned will not have time to make our connecting flight. This is my second Tauck and first to Africa.

Comments

• Sharan, My husband and I took the Delta ATL to JNB flight in April. As I recall, our flight from JNB to Cape Town left around 7:50 pm, thus we had a little over 2 hours to go through Passport Control, claim our luggage, walk through Customs and make our way to the domestic flights area to check in for our Cape Town flight. We did not have to stop at the customs counter (it appeared that customs was closed for the day?). Once we cleared Passport Control, we claimed our luggage, walked right through the Customs area, then directly to check in for our Cape Town flight. The JNB airport is very large and very busy, to save time we used a porter to take us and our luggage to the correct check in gate for the Cape Town flight. We did have some time to spare, so assuming your flight from ATL is on time, you should be fine making your connection.
  • Thank you for the info and for the tip about the porter. We will do that. I hope you had a nice trip.
This discussion has been closed.