Options

September 7 ,2013 Kenya and Tanzania tour

We are counting down the days to our tour. Is anyone else going to be on that same tour? I am trying to decide which clothes to take and would love some guidelines.

Comments

• Options
    I am on that trip as well. Where are you leaving from?
    Angell
  • Options
    We leave from Orlando, FL.
  • Options
    My wife and I are also going on the 7th from NY. We had miles on United so we are flying through Istanbul.
  • Options
    We live in Fla now but are originally from NY. Looking forward to meeting you.
  • Options
    Nanaangie wrote:
    We are counting down the days to our tour. Is anyone else going to be on that same tour? I am trying to decide which clothes to take and would love some guidelines.

This trip is very casual. I took some long pants, some cropped pants and 1 pair of shorts. Some t-shirts and 1 or 2 long sleeved shirts for the cooler mornings. Take a light jacket and/or a cotton sweater and shoes you can slip on and off easily since they have to come off if you stand on the seats in the jeep (to take pictures). It is very dusty and dirty, but I had laundry done at the Serena Hotels where they are very accommodating and reasonably priced. If you have allergies or breathing issues, I suggest a mask or a bandana tied over your nose and mouth when on game drives. I didn't do it and I'm paying for it now. I'm home 1 week and I have a terrible cough that I'm convinced is from breathing in all the dust.
  • Options
    Thank you so much. That helps a lot.
  • Options
    Merlin321 Are you getting there on sept 6th? We arrive about 7:45 pm at the airport on the 6th.
  • Options
    Angelo. We arrive on the night of the 6th. When do you arrive.
  • Options
    Do we need to bring snacks? I've read some of the forum tips and a few people mention bringing snacks. Necessary?
  • Options
    My name is Arnie and my wife is Ellen. We are arriving early AM on the 6th so we booked two extra nights pre-tour so that we would have a room to go to immediately. I have a fetish about arriving to these kind of things at least a day early in case of flight delays, etc. so we'll probably be there to greet you all when you arrive. We have a friend who went on this tour a couple of years ago and said the same thing as Suellyn about the dust. She didn't say anything about breathing problems but did mention that you'd probably want to change out of dusty clothes after the game drives. She also said that laundry was available. My wife and I have decades of travel experience, but we've never learned to pack conservatively, we are incorrigible over-packers. So we will probably bring way too much clothing. Packing the Tauck duffel bag may be an interesting exercise.
This discussion has been closed.