Aug 10th Jewish Heritage

We will be on the Jewish Heritage trip in August 2013. We are reading about the various cities, and listing some things to do during the free to explore times. Any suggestions are welcome!

Sid and Susan Greenwald
Englewood, CO

Comments

• My friend Ruth and I will also be joining this trip. We will leave from Las Vegas, NV on Aug. 8 to have an extra day in Warsaw and get adjusted to the time change! Looking forward to meeting you both. Gladyce
  • I'll be joining tour as well. Traveling sola (from New York).....Arriving one day earlier in Warsaw. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Susan
  • We are also going on this dates. We are from Milwaukee WI and will be arriving on August 10 .looking forward to meeting all
    Moises and Martha
  • We will be on the Jewish Heritage trip in August 2013. We are reading about the various cities, and listing some things to do during the free to explore times. Any suggestions are welcome!

Sid and Susan Greenwald
    Englewood, CO

I took the June 25th trip. It was fabulous! Hopefully, you will have Steve Fisher as your Tauck guide. Frankly, you are going to have some but not a huge amount of "free time". Vienna will be your best shot to take in a side museum or two, and you will have some time to take in the "Old Town" districts of Warsaw, Budapest and Prague, as Tauck has you excellently positioned from your extremely nice hotels. The cities are amazingly clean, too!

BRING COMFORTABLE SHOES! Men.....skip the sports coat recommendation. You won't need one.

Best bang for shopping dollar.....Prague. Worst.....Vienna

Prices for "dining on your own" are very reasonable.

I had some camera issues. Next time, I'll bring an extra camera and several charged up batteries. You won't want to waste precious time trying to find camera supplies.

It's a great trip!
  • Thanks Alan for the suggestions, and to the others, looking forward to meeting you as well!
  • I am trying decide between the regular warsaw, budapest, vienna and prague tour vs the jewish heritage tour. My children want the regular tour but my husband amd I want the jewish heritage. Did you compare the two tours? Do you know what we would miss from the regular tour or jewish tour if we pick the other? Do you know how jewish the jewish tour is?
    thanks so much.
  • Hi. My husband Joel and I are joining the 8/9/14 tour arriving in Warsaw on the 8th. We're from Bethesda, MD and in our mid 60's. Have read the Lady in Gold and saw the rescued Klimpts in NYC at the Neue Gallerie. Looking forward to seeing what's left of early 20th century Jewish Vienna and the museums. Thanks for the "free time" or lack there of info. Until August! Leslie Silver

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file