Universal adaptors and converters? HELP SouthAfrica, Zambia, Botswana

Emily,

Just got off of the Tauck Necessary Gear site to purchase the correct adaptors/ converters for South Afice, Zambia and Botswana. I did not find any on this site. Can you recommend what you exactly need to purchase for these 3 countries? Will have the commom Ipad, Iphone and Sony camera and need to recharge batteries. Can you give me info so i will buy the right adpators for these 3 countries as well as a universal voltage 100-240 convertor! Thanks and leaving august 18 to go to Capetown early before tauck August 22 trip this year!

One and only will have convertors/ adaptor for our stay correct? Needing only Zambia and Botswana right? Unless needing to recharge at j'burg airport?

Looked up Travel Smart and need tips from experienced travelers on what to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Check http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

They list most counties and links to the type of outlets used.
  • Greetings! We just returned from the tour last Tuesday, June 25, and if you haven't already signed up for it...do it now! It's a tour of a lifetime, especially if you love animals, viewing sunrises and sunsets, etc.

I also was concerned about the adapters needed, so we took a couple of universal adapters, and ones specific for South Africa (3 large oversized prongs, and not usually a part of commercial kits). In fact, I found a South Africa adapter which accommodated 2 plugs at once which we used often. And the good part was that the South Africa adapter worked in all 3 countries and all 4 sites. We didn't need the universal adapters at all. I found the South Africa adapters on Amazon.com for just a couple of dollars each. ($6 for the double one, if I remember correctly)

One further note, the last site, Camp Kalahari, did not have electricity but did have a centralized charging station which met all our needs for charging electronics. I hope this helps.
  • Wow , would love to hear more as we are going August 22 coming up, so 8 weeks after you! Any other great tips as I read both of your posts! jo weber
This discussion has been closed.