Yellow fever shot

Any info on yellow fever shot

Comments

• Protection lasts 10 years, so you have a good shot at getting your money's worth. There's a lot of world to visit!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Be sure to get the shot recorded in your shot record book. You should also get the entry stamped with the Official Stamp of the administrating center.
  • This subject has appeared tens of times on the Forum. There is no bullet proof answer. The Yellow Fever shot is not required at the moment for entry into Kenya or Tanzania unless you are coming from a country where the disease is endemic. That means the decision is yours. I would never suggest you not get the protection because there is always a chance of exposure. Our doctor recommended we get the Yellow Fever vaccine and we followed her advice. We leave on our 4th safari next week so Jan is correct. We are getting our money's worth....Leo M
  • I'm leaving on the July 13 trip and I got the shot. Really don't want to get sick so far from home. Hope this helps...
  • That's pretty much how I feel, Suellyn. I can't think of anything worse than being told .... "You didn't know? Stiff. Didn't you know [insert name of nasty and possibly deadly disease] appeared here yesterday? Too late. Wrong way. Go back!" Or worse still ... "That deadly thing has got you. So long. Good luck. Better luck next time."

What next time? The thing of permant nightmares, if you ask me. Shudder.

Have a fabulous trip, Suellyn.

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.