Options

black slacks or capris

Going to Tanzania and Kenya on June 20th. Ladies, should or could I bring black slacks or capris for the evening when going to dinner? Don't need to pack anything that wont get worn. Thanks so much for any input!
Carol

Comments

• Options
    Hi Carol

Just did trip commencing 18 May. It was fabulous.

This tour is very casual. Either safari gear, black pants, Capri pants/skirt/wrap dress or jeans will cover all needs. scarves / non expensive or locally purchased necklaces help to mix things up. Just pack light and what you are comfortable with. Four Seasons and Mt Kenya Safari Club are the most deluxe properties, (Mt Kenya only place to prefer no jeans) but still VERY casual.

Suggest you send laundry at serena ambelosi if you want to reduce your laundry expenses.

Enjoy

• Options
    Thanks for the info! Appreciate any input! It is always good to get any and all tips.
    Carol
  • Options
    So 57 ...

Realistically, how LITTLE clothing can you get away with when you're on the safari (i.e., duffel bag) days? I'm willing to trade change-of-clothing variety for camera gear space, but not at the cost of not washing. Is it possible / feasible to do laundry every night?

Thanks,

Karen
  • Options
    Hi Boston Traveler - We took this tour in 2012, and I would say you can make do with only a couple of changes, though I strongly recommend layering as it can be both quite cool and quite warm on the same day. Most everywhere we stayed, reasonably priced laundry service was available. The tour is arranged so most places you stay for at least a couple nights, so there is time to have your items laundered and returned to you. And there is always the in-sink option! No need to bring the whole closet along.
  • Options
    By the way, tsetse flies are attracted to black and dark blue. One hotel had insecticide-soaked cloth banners in those colors to attract them away from the facilities. I personally would leave the dark colors at home for this trip.
This discussion has been closed.