Paradors of Northern Spain - August 23, 2013 Tour

My husband and I are booked for the trip which starts August 23rd. Any fellow tour members following the board here? We would welcome making connections with fellow travelers beforehand. We are starting to get excited about the trip and making plans for the nights when we are on our own for dinner.

Avid Travelers from the San Diego area

Comments

• On the August 23rd trip as well---this is my second trip with Tauck and can't wait because I know it will be so special!
    I arrive in Barcelona on an 8:25am flight on the 23rd, so I'm hoping to meet up with someone so I'm not rambling around La Ramblas by myself :-)
    Hopefully there aren't any major flooding rivers as I just got back from 2 weeks in Europe, and got to witness the power of the water in Prague. Will be ready for the coastline :-)
    Sheila
    South Carolina
  • My husband and I are also on the Aug. 23rd trip, but we are coming in two nights earlier and staying an extra night in Lisbon on the end. Looking to take a trip to Sintra from Lisbon on the extra day, and would like to share a private guide with 2-3 more people if someone has also extended their trip. We live just north of Chicago.

Does anyone know how many people will be on this trip?

• Hi sugarIL,

As of this posting, there are a total of 40 people on this tour. Please note that this number can change as we approach the departure date.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Emily,
    I'm on the August 23rd trip, and was thinking of reserving a spot on the Spanish Tour "Barcelona Food and Wine Tour" for the evening of August 24th. Am I correct that dinner is on our own on the second night?
    Wanted to check and be sure that we would be back from touring in time to meet up with them. Is this something you would recommend?
    Thanks,
    Sheila
  • I, too, am very much looking forward to Aug 23 '13 departure. Arriving one day early and staying 1 extra day in Lisbon. SugarIL: I might be interested in Sintra tour on the extra day at the end. Had thought of taking train there, but if you have guide that you would like to share, would look forward to discussing. I am from just north of Milwaukee.
  • vivamus: Still checking into tours/prices. Trip Advisor listed many recommendations and the hotel sent the link for one company. Not happy with hotel's choice as the full day tour only spends half day in Sintra and the other half in popular sites on the coast, etc.
  • SugarIL: I did a little checking on internet and found "Sintra Private Tours" with a good rating on TripAdvisor. website is sintraprivatetours.com. Gonzalo chatted with me online and they will do a private tour just in Sintra area. There is nice description of tour on his website. He will pick up and drop off at Lisbon hotel. I will keep checking for other choices. Vivamus
  • Vivamus: I am in agreement, the two that I like are: Sintra Private Tours and LUX INVICTA www.luxinvicta.pt that I also found on Trip Advisor. I have emailed back and forth to both. The Lux tour does exactly what I want to do which is Pena Palace, Moorish Castle, National Palace and Qunita de Regaleira plus the town. They both will pick us up at our hotel. Sintra Private want $ ? for two or three. But I don't think they go inside with you. They said there is a joint pass for 35E to the sites.

Edgar Miguel Rodrigues is tour mgr. at Lux and it is 75E each for two people and $55E each for three. Their guides go with us inside and provide info. Trip Advisor feedback is www. tripadivsor.co.uk/attraction_Review-g189158-d2146659-Reviews-Lux_Invicta_Portugal_Day_Tours-Lisbon_Estremadura.html. If we want more people, he will put out a special promotion and it would lessen the cost, but we don't know what these people would be interested in.

The tour on the Lux site is Sintra:Land of Medieval Miths and Free Masons, but I asked, it is not a religious slanted tour, it is just the regular tour of Sintra.

I am open
  • SugarIL: I agree about Lux Invicta. My email is vivamus11@aol.com if you would like to correspond directly to coordinate final plans. I have friends who have been to Sintra and they say it is great. Vivamus
This discussion has been closed.