Options

Tower of London?

Does any sort of tour of the Tower of London precede the farewell dinner or is it just the dinner followed by the Ceremony of the Keys? I would like to see a little more of the tower.

Comments

• Options
    Although our tour isn't until next year this is a question I was going to ask later on. A tour of the tower is on our must see list and if there is none prior to the dinner then we'll have to organise one on our own during our free time. Perhaps with this thread being refreshed Emily can find out an answer to our question.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For Tauck Emily - What is the appropriate attire for the Tower of London farewell dinner? Suits for men? Dressier clothes for women? Our tour is fast approaching. Thank you.
  • Options
    nyfeds wrote:
    For Tauck Emily - What is the appropriate attire for the Tower of London farewell dinner? Suits for men? Dressier clothes for women? Our tour is fast approaching. Thank you.

I have little doubt that the recommended dress for gentleman will be suit or coat and tie. Neither of which I have in my tropical wardrobe. Like the dinner in the Palace in Vienna that's a bridge I'll cross next year.
  • Options
    Hi There,

We do a short walk to Wakefield Tower where the dinner is held, and the Ceremony of the Keys follows after dinner. We do not visit the jewels, so if you'd like to spend more time at the tower, you can either arrange a pre/post stay or arrange a visit during you free time on Day 12 or Day 13. From the Royal Horseguards hotel the Tower of London is about 3 miles away and easy ride on a London cab or a trip down the District Line on the Underground.

As for the dinner event and attire….while the ladies normally dress up a little for Tauck’s welcome and farewell functions, it is important to remember that this evening will involve walking….so proper footwear is vital. Ladies will have difficulties if they come with spike heels…..so therefore perhaps a nice pants outfit would be the most comfortable, and offer flexibility to wear sensible shoes. While the gents may wish to wear a sports-jacket, and I think the majority do, it is not ‘required.’ However, since the final bit of the evening is outdoors, everyone should be ‘prepared’ for the seasonal temperature changes that can occur in the evening.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Thanks, Emily! We always opt for comfort.
This discussion has been closed.