Were almost there

Our group of 4, 2 married retired couples are departing on this cruise this Sunday, 5/26. We are a little concerne about the day trips. How much walking can we expect to do? Is there evening entertainment? How long will we have, on average, in each port after the guided tour for a walk about? And this a tough one: We will be boarding the boat in Amsterdam on Sunday, May 26 for the 13 day cruise: What demperatures can we expect? we want to pack light and in layers but we are unsure as to how many long sleeve/short sleeve shirts to bring. Also what about a jacket. Light-medium?

Comments

• We took this river cruise from Basel to Amsterdam two years ago and we were on our 70's. No problem -- just wear comfortable shoes for uneven walking surfaces. We kept up with our group and loved every moment of the cruise. We then took another one with Tauck -- Bucharest to Budapest last summer. Just layer and take a small umbrella for chance of rain. I would take a jacket in case it is cooler than you expect. The entertainment at night is a piano player and/or local dancers from the area who perform on the ship and leave when the ship sails. In some ports, you will have time to walk about in the towns. It all depends upon which port you are in.

If you read some of the posts on this Travel Forum, you will be able to get some more info.

Sheila
  • Hi. I've been following the weather as we will be on the same cruise. It looks like we may luck out with temps between 55 and 70 as we head South. European weather does not change quickly. You won't need short sleeves. A windbreaker plus a light jacket are what we are packing. The walking tours tend to be of the "strolling" variety. Last year on AMA, there was always time to wander on your own. We occasionally left the group and rejoined later. This will be our first Tauck, and expect that they will similarly bring on local entertainment throughout the cruise.
    We're off in a few hours for airport as we're staying in Amsterdam before getting on board. If you would like other info, please feel free to email me jafslg1@cfl.rr.com.
    See you on board.
    Jay and Sharon
This discussion has been closed.