Appropriate Attire

Will you provide suggestions on what to pack for day tours and evening dinners on the the France Family River Cruise for both adults and children?

Comments

• casual per day on river cruises--and pretty much except the last night people wear what would wear out to eat--just no jeans from what I remember. I went on moselle/rhine and blue danube
  • We were on the French Waterways and Vineyards tour last year (adult version of the France Family River Cruise). Most men (but not all) wore jackets for the first night's dinner at Fouquet's and at the farewell Captain's dinner. On daytime tours and at lunch, the weather dictated what was worn . . . but as crackers54 indicated, very few wore jeans. At dinners there were no shorts. You'll have a great time. I did a daily blog. It can be found at . . . http://www.rabo.com/Blog/French_Waterways_and_Vineyards/French_Waterways_and_Vineyards.html
  • I haven't done this cruise, but I did the Danube Family Cruise. The family trips are more casual than the regular trips. Shorts and jeans are worn to dinner. The only occasion when we dressed for dinner was the evening at the palace in Vienna. Not sure if there is a similar evening on the France trip.
  • Hi There,

Select a wardrobe that is adaptable and allows for layering; casual comfortable clothing is suggested for most occasions. For the Welcome Dinner and Farewell Dinner, you may enjoy dressing up a bit.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • rabo wrote:
    We were on the French Waterways and Vineyards tour last year (adult version of the France Family River Cruise). Most men (but not all) wore jackets for the first night's dinner at Fouquet's and at the farewell Captain's dinner. On daytime tours and at lunch, the weather dictated what was worn . . . but as crackers54 indicated, very few wore jeans. At dinners there were no shorts. You'll have a great time. I did a daily blog. It can be found at . . . http://www.rabo.com/Blog/French_Waterways_and_Vineyards/French_Waterways_and_Vineyards.html

Enjoyed reading your blog!
This discussion has been closed.